Professor David Hay
We are delighted to announce that Professor David Hay (Group Leader and Professor of Tissue Engineering, University of Edinburgh) will give a keynote presentation within the "Exploring New Trends in Stem Cell Research Session" at ACTC Cambridge.
David has worked in the field of stem cell biology and differentiation for over fifteen years. David and his team have highlighted the important role that pluripotent stem cells have to play in modelling human liver biology ‘in a dish’ and supporting failing liver function in vivo. The impact of this work has led to a number of peer reviewed publications, regular appearances at high profile conferences and three start-up companies.
- Group leader of the Pluripotent Stem Cell Hepatocyte Development team
- Expert in hepatocyte differentiation and in vitro modelling
- Over 10 years experience in pluripotent stem cell biology
- Experience of spin-out company formation
- PhD 2000 and BSc (Hons) 1996, University of St Andrews, UK