QUASI VIVO® WORKSHOP
Thursday 24th May 2018
Kirkstall Ltd will be running a Quasi Vivo® workshop in conjunction with the ACTC conference in Cardiff.
To date, Kirkstall have delivered training workshops to over 600 academic and industry researchers worldwide and in 2016 won the Lush Prize for training.
The 1 day workshop combines hands-on training with seminar sessions to ensure participants have all the necessary skills and knowledge to commence work using 3D and flow conditions for either academic or commercial research.
ACTC 2018 attendees receive 30% discount on Quasi Vivo® workshop registration
What is Quasi Vivo®?
Quasi Vivo® is an advanced interconnected cell culture flow system, specifically designed to provide a solution to the major problems academic and industry researchers encounter when using conventional in vitro systems and in vivo research.
For more information please visit:
- An overview of new developments in advanced cell culture
- The advantages and challenges of 3D cultures, scaffolds & flow
- A review of commercially available systems
- Choosing a suitable pumping system and setting it up
- Introduction to the physics of flow and the biology of flow stress
- Preparation of cells for flow conditions
- Setting up the Quasi-Vivo® system and running flow experiments
- Applications enabled by 3D, flow & co-culture
- Maintaining aseptic conditions and avoiding contamination
- Monitoring cell growth and end point assays
- Practical flow experiments & performance of viability assays
Workshop attendees receive 20% discount on their 1st Quasi Vivo® kit purchase
- Comprehensive training in all skills needed to use the Quasi Vivo® system.
- A mix of both hands-on experience and background theory promotes all round understanding.
- A low trainee to instructor ratio, providing a more personal experience.
- Dedicated staff able to provide continuing assistance to Quasi Vivo® users.
- Researchers with experience in static cell culture should be easily able to transfer their protocols into a flow system.
|10:30 - 10:45||Introductions|
|10:45 - 11:15||Lecture 1: Introduction to Flow Systems using Quasi Vivo®|
|11:15 - 11:45||Lecture 2: Choosing and Calibrating a Pump|
|12:00 - 12:45||Lunch|
|12:45 - 13:45||Lecture 3: Trends in Advanced Cell Culture|
|13:45 - 14:30||Demonstration and Assemble yourselves QV500/600/900|
|14:30 - 15:00||Coffee Break + Discussion + Troubleshooting|
|15:00 - 16:00||Lecture 4: Applications of Quasi Vivo® with talk by QV user|
|16:00 - 16:30||Design an Experimental Plan/Feedback Forms|
The cost of this training workshop is £185 per person (lunch and refreshments are included, attendees receive 20% discount on their 1st Quasi Vivo® kit purchase)
30% discount for ACTC 2018 attendees
Interested in attending?
Please complete the form below